Dermatology Sciences in India
Dermatology is the medical science of diagnosing and treating skin diseases affecting the skin, hair, and nails. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects.Dermatologists specialise in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of skin diseases and cancers. The skin is the largest organ in the body and also includes hair, nails, the wet areas of the mouth and genitalia.
Typical skin consultations include acne, psoriasis, atopic eczema, skin infections such as warts, mole surveillance, melasma and occupational dermatitis. Dermatologists also conduct Mohs surgery and deliver cosmetic services such as laser therapy. The majority of Australian dermatologists work in metropolitan private practice. However, many provide outreach services to rural and remote areas on a regular basis.
Why is Dermatology Preferred in India?
A large number of dermatologists conduct outpatient clinics in public hospitals, and are involved in the training of dermatology registrars. Many are also involved in research, at both the basic science and clinical levels.
At Manipal Hospitals which is one of best skin hospitals in Bangalore, everything from common acne, laser hair removal, skin allergies to more complex problems such asskin cancers, dermatitis, psoriasis and immune related skin diseases are dealt with care, compassion and consummate skill. Along with a new found confidence, thousands of patients from around the world have found long lasting solutions to their varied dermatological problems at Manipal Hospitals.
- Skin and mole checks with dermoscopy
- Benign mole, skin tag and wart removal
- Skin cancer surgery including Mohs micrographic surgery
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) for skin cancers and pre-cancerous sun damage; including daylight PDT
- Laser treatment for vascular lesions
- Allergy testing, including skin prick and specific IgE testing
- Treatment of urticaria and angioedema including with Omalizumab
- Allergy dietetic advice
- Patch testing for contact dermatitis
- Desensitisation: pollens, house dust mites, animals, bee/wasp venom
- Phototherapy: narrowband UVB and PUVA
- Photo-testing for photosensitive conditions
- Paediatric Dermatology supported by a Paediatric Dermatology Nurse
- Specialist vulval and penile dermatology expertise